Please see the City's Snow and Ice Information page for more information and resources!
The City of Anacortes is committed to clearing snow from identified routes throughout the city. When weather conditions predict snow, city plows are installed on 3 trucks. Crews will continue plowing areas outlined on the snow map until the pavement is bare. Side streets will only be plowed after the priority routes are completely plowed.
During snow or icy conditions, people should plan accordingly:
- When the storm hits, do not drive if you don’t have to. If possible, reschedule doctor appointments. Stay at home; fewer cars on the streets during and after a storm make it easier to clear the streets.
- Listen to the weather forecast. Have a plan when severe weather strikes.
- Make sure you have snow shovels and rock salt deicer for your driveway and sidewalk ahead of time.
- If you must drive, make sure your car is ready. Carry chains and be prepared to put them on. Make sure windows are clear and the snow is brushed from the entire car.
- Drive with your headlights on.
- Slow down. Allow plenty of room between you and the next vehicle, and be prepared for ice you cannot see.
Garbage & Recycling Pick Up May Be Affected
During periods of heavy snow or icy roads, garbage and recycling service can become sporadic. The City of Anacortes is concerned about your safety as well as the safety of our crew. Please do not risk bringing your totes down steep slippery drives or sidewalks during inclement weather. The crew is happy to pick up your extra garbage the following week. We will post garbage delays on the city website, Facebook and Instagram pages.