ON-SITE CAMPING INFORMATION:
- All sites with a GREEN sign at the campsite are First Come/First Served. You cannot reserve these sites.
- All sites with a BLUE sign are Reservable sites. You must reserve this site at least 14 days prior to arrival. However, check the posted reservation calendar at each site. If no name is listed you may occupy the site for the available nights.
- Maximum stay length is 14 days; you must leave the park for 14 days and then can return for a 2nd 14-day stay for a total of 28 days per calendar year.
- Please locate an available site prior to making payment. Paying at the pay station without having a camping unit on a site does not guarantee a site is available. The pay station will accept credit cards or EXACT cash and is located near site B4.
- Anacortes Parks & Recreation Department (Monday- Friday 8am-5pm) 360-293-1918
- Washington Park Staff (Office hours vary seasonally) 360-661-3463
- Washington Park Info Line with information about the park and the current campground and boat lot availability. (The line is updated approximately three times per day during the summer season.) 360-293-1927 (option 4)
- For additional frequently ask questions please click here.
About Washington Park
Washington Park sits on a peninsula at the west end of Fidalgo Island. The 220-acre city park features camping, a boat launch, day use picnic sites and a group tenting area. A scenic paved 2.2-mile loop road winds through the park’s forested hills and meadows with views of the San Juan Islands and Olympic Mountains. View the Park Area Map (PDF)
The park is open year round from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. The loop road is open from 6 a.m. to dusk for pedestrians and open from 10 a.m. to dusk for vehicular traffic.
In the campground there are 68 campsites, 46 have water and electrical hook-ups. These rent for $34 a night. There are 22 non-utility sites that rent for $27 per night. There are 25 sites available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that reservations must be made at least 14 days in advance. A sewer dump station is located near the park exit. Camping check-in and check-out time is 1 p.m. The campground is open year round. Please note: Maximum stay limit is 14 days. Visit the reservation website.
Group Tenting Area
The park has a group tenting area available to rent for a fee for small groups of 30 people, 8 tents. No RVs are allowed in this area. Please click on the Quick Links (to the right) to check availability and reserve.
The Washington Park Information Line at 360-293-1927 has information about the park and the current campground and boat lot availability (option 4). The line is updated approximately three times per day during the summer season.
The park has three covered picnic shelters located near Sunset Beach. One covered shelter can be reserved by online reservations (see quick links at the right). There are also ten uncovered picnic tables with fire pits or upright barbeques nearby. These are first-come, first-served.
The boat launch at Washington Park was developed and is maintained for the specific use of recreational boaters. Boat launch parking is $12/day and boaters may stay a maximum of 14 days. Annual boat launch passes are available through the Parks and Recreation Department online here or by calling (360) 293-1918. Please note, there is only 1 foot of water at zero tide!
There is an overnight single car parking lot (Lot B on Area Map (PDF)) that you can leave your vehicle. The overnight fee is $10.