Forms, Permits, & Ordinances

Permits Banner

Burn Regulations

Washington State law currently bans land-clearing and residential burning of yard clippings and other vegetative debris in Anacortes, Burlington, Mount Vernon, Sedro-Woolley and their urban growth areas.

Recreational Fire Permits

Recreational firewood fires are permitted within the city limits with a burn permit. See the burn regulations for guidelines and restrictions (PDF) for more information. The Fire Department issues permits free of charge and they are valid for one year. You may fill out an application for a recreational fire permit online

Burn Complaints

To make a report of a suspected illegal burn, please contact the Cascade Dispatch Business Offices at 360-424-8192. If you suspect a fire is extensive or may be out of control call 911 immediately!


On May 3, 2004 the Anacortes City Council passed Ordinance 2656 which banned the sale, possession, or use of fireworks within the City municipal boundaries except for properly licensed public displays. The ordinance became effective January 1, 2005. View Ordinance 2656 (PDF)