Development Regulations & Design Standards Update
The City of Anacortes is updating its development regulations and zoning map to implement key goals and policies of the Anacortes Comprehensive Plan, and to provide clear, user-friendly regulations. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
An additional written public comment period was provided for specific changes to the draft regulations identified through City Council review. The comment period ended on June 26, 2019.
The documents linked below are the most current documents available for public review (as of 6/10/19).
- List of Changes Available for Public Comment (6/10/19)
- Notice of Additional Public Comment Period
- City Council (working) Draft (4/18/19)
- Planning Commission Recommendation (4/10/19)
- Public Comments / Responses on 3rd Draft
- 3rd Draft Development Regulations Update (12/18/18)
- Summary of proposed amendments by residential zone
- Zoning Map Amendment proposals
- Public Hearing / SEPA DNS Notice
- SEPA DNS & Checklist
View Public Comments received regarding the proposed draft code language.
View development regulation update-related meeting packets, slideshows and videos.
The partial 1st Draft of the proposed development regulations was released in November 2017, with chapters added through March 2018. The 2nd Draft, released April 27, 2018, replaces the 1st Draft.
Approximately 40 people attended the May 25 development regulations workshop, which focused on commercial, mixed use and industrial zones and development issues.
A public Open House to introduce preliminary concepts for updates to the commercial development regulations was held on Thursday, May 25, 2017.
Approximately 80 people attended the March 16 development regulations workshop, which focused on residential zones and development issues.
A public Open House to introduce preliminary concepts for updates to the residential development regulations was held on March 16, 2017.