Development Regulations & Design Standards Update
Complete. The effective date of the new regulations and new zoning map is August 5, 2019.
Final Adopted Ordinance and Map:
Other Project Documents:
Previous Drafts & Associated Documents
- Public Comments / Responses on 3rd Draft
- 3rd Draft Development Regulations Update (12/18/18)
- Summary of proposed amendments by residential zone
- Public Hearing / SEPA DNS Notice
- Public Comments / Responses on 2nd Draft
- 2nd Draft Development Regulations Updates (4/27/18)
- Public Comments / Responses on 1st Draft
- 1st Draft Development Regulations Updates
View Public Comments received regarding the proposed draft code language.
View development regulation update-related meeting packets, slideshows and videos.
The partial 1st Draft of the proposed development regulations was released in November 2017, with chapters added through March 2018. The 2nd Draft, released April 27, 2018, replaces the 1st Draft.
Approximately 40 people attended the May 25 development regulations workshop, which focused on commercial, mixed use and industrial zones and development issues.
A public Open House to introduce preliminary concepts for updates to the commercial development regulations was held on Thursday, May 25, 2017.
Approximately 80 people attended the March 16 development regulations workshop, which focused on residential zones and development issues.
A public Open House to introduce preliminary concepts for updates to the residential development regulations was held on March 16, 2017.