Planning, Community, & Economic Development
- Development permit application review, issuance, and inspection.
- Administration and enforcement of of building, zoning, subdivision, shoreline, environmental and critical area codes.
- Processing of amendments to the Anacortes Comprehensive Plan, development regulations, and Official Zoning Map.
- Permit Application Forms and Checklists
- Submit an Application
- Please send applications in PDF format with a file and message size no greater than 30 MB. Please review our Electronic Document Submittal Guidelines for more information. An email with a link to a file share site (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) is acceptable.
- Building permit submittals: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planning & Land Use permit submittals: email@example.com
- Pay for a permit
- Pay online (The fee for online payments will be 2.75% of the total dollar amount or $1.00, whichever is greater. Online payments using ACH/e-check transactions will be $1.50 per transaction. The maximum payment amount per payment is $50,000. Multiple payments may be made.)
- If online payment is not an option, you can mail a check (including a copy of the invoice with permit number) to: City of Anacortes, PCED Department, PO Box 547, Anacortes, WA 98221.
- Land Use Permits
- Long Range Planning & Legislative Actions
Updates are needed to the Anacortes Municipal Code regulations governing development in the FEMA floodplain. View Documents Here
It's that time of year when we begin to see various temporary signs popping up in yards and along streets in Anacortes. Read on...