Latest Phase 2 Information
Gov. Inslee has announced public libraries may now allow limited indoor service at up to 25% capacity in Phase 2 of Washington's Safe Start reopening plan. The Anacortes Public Library currently operates curbside delivery 6 days a week in accordance with Phase 2 guidelines. We are assessing the new reopening requirements with current planning efforts to expand services while continuing to provide that popular service.
The safety of our patrons and staff is our top priority as we develop and progress thoughtfully with plans to open our doors. We are coordinating with departments across the city to develop a sustainable plan to determine services that can safely adapt to in-building access. We will work closely with guidance from our County Health Department to minimize exposure risks to our community. Curbside Pickup Service and online services will continue through all phases. All programs will remain virtual indefinitely.
We look forward to your return to the library and are preparing our space to ensure maximum safety for everyone. Please sign up for our newsletter to stay current on library updates and thank you for using your library.
Your Library Team
Monday through Saturday 11am - 4pm, Tuesday 11am - 7pm
HOW IT WORKS
- Requests for materials can be placed in our online catalog.
- Visit the library during pickup hours once you receive a notification that your items are ready for pickup. We are limiting checkouts to 5 items per card.
- Park in one of the three designated spaces in the front of the library parking lot and call the posted number (360-293-1910) to reach library staff. No cell phone? Ring the doorbell next to back book drops on 9th St. and staff will assist you.
- Let us know your name and the pickup spot number you are parked in.
- A staff member will bring your items out to your car. We ask that you wear a mask for the safety of our staff and other patrons.
If you have items to return, please drop them off in our back book drops during return hours.
- Our back book drop on 9th Street is now open on Tuesdays from 11 am to 7 pm and Fridays and Saturdays from 11am to 4pm.
- Please drop off books during these hours only, as it gives our staff time to quarantine the books for 72 hours before processing.
- We still can’t accept donations of books or magazines. While we appreciate your kindness, please keep any donations you have at home until the library and FriendShop reopen in the future.
Red Bag Pantry
Due to our closure the Red Bag Pantry has been moved to right outside the main entrance to the library. For those in need of food support you can reach out to:
- A Simple Gesture at 360-399-6463
- Anacortes Family Center at 360-293-2993
All in-person services are suspended during the Library closure. For immediate assistance during weekdays between 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, please contact the library directly where staff are available via phone at: 360-293-1910. Digital resources are available 24/7 during this time.
For more detailed inquiries please contact a member of our management team directly via email:
Jeff Vogel, Director
Reference Questions, Databases, Item Requests, Website, Digital Services
Sydney Brady, Public Services Manager
Customer Service, Community Meeting Room, Passports, Volunteers
Diana Farnsworth, Librarian
Press inquiries/Marketing, Reference Questions, Adult Programs, Teen Services
Leslie Wilson, Youth Services Librarian
Children’s Programs & Item Requests, Outreach and Coordination with Schools
For advanced digital & technical assistance contact one of our automation assistants via phone (360)293-1910 or email:
Rossy Trejo - email@example.com or (360) 299-1943.
JJ Small - firstname.lastname@example.org