Summer Reading 2020 - June 15 to August 31
Summer is always an exciting time to read books, get creative, explore and learn something new. Our theme this year is Imagine Your Story and the library team has been having fun planning all sorts of stories and programs for you. Summer Reading is for all ages, babies to adults, so we invite the entire family to sign up.
How to Sign Up
Sign up by using this link and get started today.
How to Participate
Set your own reading goal and log your reading throughout the summer. Kids can decide on a goal with their grownups. You might choose a set number of minutes, pages, or books. Or you may have another goal in mind. When you are halfway through your reading log, contact the library for your Storytelling Activity Kit prize.
Halfway prizes begin July 20. When you reach your goal, contact us to receive a free prize book in August and enter to win our grand prize drawing. Play the bonus bingo sheet for more chances to win a prize.
Bingo Sheets - you can print a copy at home or stop by the library to get a paper copy (Monday to Friday, 11-4, by the M Avenue entrance).
- June 15 – Summer Reading sign-ups begin
- July 20 – Halfway Prizes are available
- August 1 – Prize Book pick up begins (or whenever you finish in August)
- September 8 – Grand Prize Drawing.
You can watch these programs on the Anacortes Public Library Facebook page live. You can also find them under the Videos tab on Facebook, or on the Library website.
- Mondays @ 11 am – Family Storytime (all ages)
- Tuesdays @ 6pm – Tuesday Tales (all ages)
- Wednesdays @ 11am – Baby/Toddler Storytime (birth –5 yrs)
- Thursdays - Storybook Adventure Kits -AND- @ 6pm Pajama Storytime (all ages)
- Fridays @ 9am - children’s author Carmen Agra Deedy will read aloud a fabulous tale. Join our Watch Party on the APL Facebook page.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays in August @ 6 pm – Read aloud chapter book
In the month of July Teens can join library activities in a few ways. We’ll be hosting zoom programs for drawing, acting, and having a special book club. All middle and high school students will be welcome. Watch for teen program info and a survey in your email soon, and if you have any questions, email Diana Farnsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to sign up for the teen newsletter here.