Summer Reading 2017 – June 12th to August 31st
Summer is a great time to read, explore, and learn and Summer Reading is for kids of all ages!
Three easy steps to get started:
- Children of all ages start by signing up HERE or register the next time you visit the library.
- Find your age group below to download a reading log.
- Start reading and have fun!
Remember to choose what YOU want to read and the WAY you want to read it!
- Parents, grandparents, caregivers- reading books and stories with children counts
- Children reading on their own counts
- Listening to audio books counts
- Reading ebooks counts
Look at our Summer Calendar to see all the performers, programs and activities you can explore!
Kids ages birth to 5:
- Print out or pick up a Summer Reading Bingo sheet.
- Complete one row or many! Bring your Summer Reading Bingo sheet to the library for your free prize book between August 1st – 31st.
Kids entering grades K - 5:
- Print out or pick up a Build A Better World reading log.
- Keep track of your reading by coloring a box for every 20 minutes you read.
- Read 400 minutes and bring your reading log to the library for a Half-Way Prize – a Science Activity Pack starting July 3rd.
- Read 800 minutes and bring your reading log to the library to choose a FREE book.
- Prize books available August 1st to 31st
- Be sure and enter your name for the grand prize drawing!
Teens entering grades 6 - 12:
- Print out or pick up a Build A Better World Teen Bingo card.
- Set a reading goal for yourself and start reading!
- When you reach your goal bring your Bingo card to the library for your prize.
- Teen prizes available August 1st to 31st
Summer Reading Celebration & Grand Prize Drawing – ALL AGES
Thursday, August 31st @ 4:00 - Anacortes Public LibrarySummer Reading is for adults too! CLICK HERE.