Special Events put on by the Anacortes Parks and Recreation Department. Most special events are held each year at roughly the same time of year. But, occasionally date changes do occur. We will also do our best to put the major events on the community calendar page. Also, you can view the A-Town Is Our Town publication to see specific information about each special event. Details will be in the publication season listed below in parenthesis.
- Daddy Daughter Dance – a chance to enjoy an evening with your daughter(s). (Winter)
- Dallas Kloke Sunset Loop 10-mile Relay Run – get your team together or run solo! (Winter)
- Egg Dash – kids come search or sprint after hundreds of plastic eggs! (Winter Spring/Summer)
- Kids Fishing Derby – join us at Heart Lake and catch some fish. (Spring/Summer)
- Bark in the Park – this festival has gone to the dogs…(Spring/Summer)
- Kids R Best Fest – an event geared for kids and about kids. (Spring/Summer)
- Art Dash Half-Marathon/10 &5k – run along the Tommy Thompson Parkway (Spring/Summer) Course Map here.
2017 Art Dash Results
- Outdoor Movie – MOANA - Storvik Park, Thursday, August 24, 2017 - FREE - Starts at Dusk
- Dallas Kloke Mt. Erie Road & Trail Run – are you up for the challenge? (Fall)
- Breakfast with Santa – have breakfast, visit with Santa, and much more. (Fall)
- Winter Wonderland Walk at Washington Park – 2017 dates are December 8th & 9th. The park decorated for the festive time of year. If you would like to be a vendor and decorate a site, download the Vendor form here and return it to the Parks Office. (Fall)