The Anacortes Police Department is located at 1218 24th St. We serve approximately 16,000 citizens over about 15 square miles on Fidalgo Island in Skagit County Washington. APD provides 24 hours a day, 7 days a week patrol and emergency response service. Our office is staffed five days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Copies of accident reports, concealed weapons permits and police records are available Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
* Fingerprinting is available on Wednesdays from 8:00am-noon.
Under the direction of Chief of Police Bonnie Bowers, the Department is divided into two divisions; Patrol and Administration. There are currently 25 commissioned Police Officers working for APD with 6 non-commissioned support staff.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
To contribute to the overall improvement of the quality of life in the City of Anacortes, through reducing danger from criminal activity and improving community well being, by working in partnership with members of the community.
Ensuring public safety; Earning public trust
OUR CORE VALUES:
• Service: Being aware of those who need law enforcement assistance and meeting or exceeding their expectations for service.
• Excellence: Being clear about and striving to achieve high standards of performance in all aspects of our work.
• Integrity: Committing ourselves to elevated standards of trust, responsibility, and discipline while promoting justice in a fair and impartial manner.
• Courage: Having the mental and moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear or difficulty.
• Professional: Adhering to principles and standards that comprise the best practices of police work.