Map of the Parks - Click Here
Washington Park (6300 Sunset Avenue) 220 acre Washington Park juts into Rosario Strait on the western edge of Anacortes, offering territorial views. The park has a day use area and overnight camping facilities. At Sunset Beach, on the north shore, there is a boat launch, rest rooms, reservable picnic shelter (call 360-293-1918 for more information), playground equipment and open play area. In the campground there are 68 campsites for RVs and tents, and a restroom with showers. There is also a reservable group tenting site for small groups of 30 (call 360-293-1918 for more information). Picnic sites and car pullouts provide beach access along Green Point, the west shoreline. A 2.3 mile loop road provides access to several shoreline areas and a viewpoint of Burrows Bay. The loop road is used by cars, joggers, bicyclists and walkers. For information about any park amenities, please call 360-293-1918. To reserve a campsite click here.
SHIP (Ship Harbor Interpretive Preserve) is located between the Washington State Ferry terminal on the west and residential developments near the cul de sac at Edwards Way on the east. In addition to the 25 acres of freshwater wetlands, there are also five acres of upland habitat and 2,000 fee of sandy beach and subtidal ellgrass beds. There is a defined trail system that is protective of particularly sensitive areas and also provides environmental education about the role and significance of the beach and wetlands. Participants in this project include the City of Anacortes, Anacortes Park Foundation, Western Washington University's Shannon Point Marine Center, the Anacortes School District, Evergreen Islands, the Port of Anacortes, Washington State Ferries and a group of local citizens. For more detailed information on this developing project, click here.
Guemes Channel Trail (Edwards Way Cul-de-sac) This walking/biking path runs along the waterfront. The trail access point at Edwards Way continues east towards Anacortes for approximately 1 mile. Community efforts continue to link the trail from Washington Park to the Thompson Trail.
Volunteer Park (1915 13th Street) This park has been largely a volunteer effort. There are approximately 24 acres of developable space, 15 acres of which are leased from the school district and are developed with three ball fields and a soccer field. The Kiwanis Meadows area is a full size soccer field / open space that is lined with trees to create a meadow like feeling. The newest addition is the Doug Colglazier Playground that includes play equipment, a covered picnic shelter and a full-sized basketball court. The Marguerite and Don Daniels field is an atificial turf Fastpitch / Little League field. The Alton R. Daniels and Volunteer fields are regulation baseball fields. There are 45 acres of wet lands and open space and a 9 acre developing area called the Rice Complex that when completed will contain a football/soccer stadium, 400 meter surfaced track and associated amenities.
Kiwanis Waterfront Park (1708 6th Street) is 2 acres of developed parkland located on the north Anacortes shoreline. There are picnic tables, benches, pathways, overlook, beach access and parking to help enjoy the views of the Guemes Channel, Guemes Island, boat traffic and ferry traffic.
Storvik Park (1110 32nd Street) is a park of 8.7 acres. It has picnic tables, a reservable picnic shelter (call 293-1918 for availability), restrooms, one little league game field which also serves as a multi-purpose youth soccer field and two basketball courts. Storvik also has children's play equipment, and is used regularly as a destination park by walkers.
PLEASE NOTE: STORVIK PARK IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION TO MAKE WAY FOR A NEW SPRAY PAD. THE RESTROOMS WERE REMOVED IN OCTOBER BY VOLUNTEER LABOR (saving costs) AND NOW THERE ARE PORTABLE RESTROOMS ON-SITE. THE PLAYGROUND, BASKETBALL COURTS AND BALLFIELDS ARE STILL ABLE TO BE USED AT THIS TIME.
Anacortes Community Forest Lands The City of Anacortes owns 2,800 acres of forest lands called the Anacortes Community Forestlands (ACFL) in several large tracts. The forest lands are within the city limits and include forested hills, lakes, streams, wetlands and meadows. Twenty miles of trails provide public access to the forest lands. A full-time forest manager is employed by the Parks and Recreation Department to oversee the forest lands. There is a Forest Lands Management Plan that covers management units, use zones and critical habitat areas. A five member advisory board oversees the implementation of the management plan and develops policies. There are nine loop trails designed for horses, motorcycles, bikes and hikers. Some areas are restricted to specific user groups. An advisory board representing various user groups has developed trail and user group policy and has suggested trail etiquette to encourage responsible use of the park. The terrain varies and trail side viewpoints provide territorial views. An endowment fund has been set up to help fund the forest lands. Trail maps are available at various businesses around town.
Ace of Hearts Rotary Park (38th St. & H Avenue) The off leash dog areas, one for large dogs and one for small dogs, has opened. The fenced dog areas include water for the pets, pet waste disposal bags and portable restrooms. The City of Anacortes Parks Department, Anacortes Rotary Club and the Anacortes Little League worked together to develop a new baseball field. Ace of Hearts Rotary Park also includes wetland improvements, parking lot, trails, and a creek.
Mt. Erie (Ray Auld Drive and Heart Lake Road) is a 160 acre Park. It includes the summit of Mt. Erie, the highest point of Fidalgo Island and is part of the former Anacortes watershed. There is a small parking area and a road to the top of Mt. Erie. There are trails in the surrounding City portions of the Community Forest Lands and various lookouts offering breathtaking vistas.
Causland Memorial Park (710 N Avenue) was built in the 1920's by John Baptiste LePage and is on the National Register of Historic Places. A portion of the park is dedicated to Anacortes veterans from World War I to the Vietnam War. The 2 acre park is unique in its use of decorative rock and black and white mosaic for structures and walls. Low, serpentine mosaic walls surround the park, and a bandstand, amphitheater and terraces are similarly made of colored pebble and rock mosaic. Other park features include picnic tables, mature ornamental plantings, a small grassy lawn and many terraces. The park is visited frequently by tourists enthralled by its lovingly detailed decorations.
Cap Sante Park (1000 W Avenue) is a 37 acre forested promontory at the eastern edge of Anacortes. It is primarily a viewpoint overlooking the marina, the City of Anacortes, March Point, Fidalgo Bay and the Cascades. A remnant of an amphitheater is located on the east bank of the park.
Rotary Park (701 T Avenue) is a 1.5 acre linear park located on the north and east edge of the Cap Sante Boat Haven at the base of Cap Sante. Rotary Park has a paved pedestian trail out to the Cap Sante breakwater, picnic tables and a shelter. Parking is available at the start of the trail.
Ben Root Skate Park (2313 R Avenue) is a 7,500 square foot concrete skate park with parking, drinking fountain, lights, seating and restroom nearby. The Ben Root Skate Park is located within Alice Parchman Newland Park and offers a view of Fidalgo Bay. Adjacent to the park is a trailhead for the Tommy Thompson Parkway.
Tommy Thompson Parkway (Trailheads at 22nd Street and R Avenue, Fidalgo Bay R.V. Park and 30th & U Ave.) consists of approximately 3.3 miles of paved trail for pedestrians and bicyclists between 11th Street and across the train trestle to March Point Road. A breakdown of the mileage is 11th St. to 22nd St. is 0.6 miles, 22nd St. to 34th St. is 0.7 miles, 34th St. to RV Park is 1.0 miles, RV Park to trestle is 0.6 miles and across the trestle is 0.4 miles for a total of 3.3 miles.
Shugarts Playground (Anacortes Public Library—10th Street and N Street) is a .5 acre playground with picnic tables adjacent to the Public Library.
John and Doris Tursi Park (2200 Pennsylvania Avenue) A newly developed neighborhood park with play equipment, a zip line and picnic tables.
Off Leash Dog Park (38th & H Avenue ) is fully enclosed and dog waste disposal bags are available. Portable restrooms are onsite for the owner’s as well. Dogs must have current vaccinations and a license. This site contains a multi-use playfield and dog park. This area has been a joint effort between the City of Anacortes and the Fidalgo Islanders for Dogs Off-leash (FIDO).
Clearidge Park (1900 Block of Blakely) is a .8 acre partially developed park near the Anacortes Airport with two tennis courts and a basketball court. It was given to the City as part of the subdivision process as homes were developed in the west side of Anacortes.
Alice Parchman Newland Park (R Avenue between 32nd and 22nd Streets) is a 10 acre linear park and street median developed along the R Avenue access road from Highway 20 into Anacortes waterfront industries and recreation areas. The south end contains the Smith sculpture, and the north end of the median widens to accommodate the Ben Root Skate Park. There is a view of Fidalgo Bay.
28th Street Playground (28th Street and Q Avenue) is a half-acre playground on "Q" Avenue. There is children's play equipment on the site.
Roadside Park (Jackson Avenue and Oakes Avenue) Roadside park is a .3 acre street end with views of Guemes Channel.
N Avenue Park (2nd Street and N Avenue) is .4 acres of undeveloped street-end park land with views to Guemes channel.