Grand View Cemetery
Grand View Cemetery was established August 9, 1897 by German immigrants, William and Ernestine Deutsch. The Deutsch family operated the cemetery until it was deeded to the City of Anacortes in 1945. The Parks and Recreation Department oversees the management and operations of the cemetery.
CEMETERY HOURS & ASSISTANCE
Visiting hours are from 5:00 am to dusk daily. Grave location, fees and other cemetery-related assistance is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm by calling 360-293-1917.
Ground burial space, urn garden, Mausoleum with crypts and cremation niches, youth section, upright monument section.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS (411 Hillcrest Drive)
From I-5 take Highway 20 west. Turn left off of Spur 20 onto Commercial (traveling south) Turn left on Fidalgo Avenue, left on St. Mary’s Drive, and right on Hillcrest Drive. The cemetery entrance in on the right just before the corner of Hillcrest Drive and Whistle Lake Road.
- The use of artificial flowers is limited only to the months from November 1 to March 1.
- Flowers and containers or potted plants should not extend into lawn areas beyond the edge of markers or their concrete or granite base.
- Please do not dig, stake, or wire flowers, plants or containers into the ground.
- Do not use glass containers, or leave glass remembrances on grave sites. Fragile ceramics and terra cotta items are not recommended.
- Dogs and horses are prohibited within the cemetery.
Temporary green plastic vases are provided for use on graves that have no permanent vases installed. These can be found on the east side of the office.Please call the Parks Department at 360-293-1918 if you need replacement steel vases. Artificial flowers, empty vases, and pots that are removed from grave sites by staff will be found on the east side of the office. Water is available during frost-free seasons at seven stand pipe locations within the cemetery.
COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS
We would like to hear from you. Please contact us with your comments or suggestions about Grand View Cemetery. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org