Business and Computer Resources
Valuable for starting a company, operations management and sales, and growing or rescuing a business. Nearly 400 full-text periodicals and over 450 full-text reference books. Videos and state-specific information. 14-digit library number may be required.
Computer Source provides researchers with the latest information and current trends in high technology. This database offers full text for nearly 300 publications and indexing and abstracts for nearly 450 publications. 14-digit library number may be required.
Microsoft Imagine Academy
The Microsoft Imagine Academy offers an incredible range of official Microsoft online courses and learning resources covering subjects from digital literacy (how to use a computer) to Microsoft Office business skills, advanced networking, and programming skills.
New to computers? Get started right away by clicking here where you’ll find basic classes on using a computer and the Internet. No signup is required.
A Microsoft ID. If you already have a Microsoft email account (Hotmail, MSN, outlook), you can use that login information, otherwise:
Create a Microsoft Account:
- Go to https://signup.live.com and click Sign up.
- Complete the fields to create your live ID/Microsoft Account.
- Go back to your email account and verify email.
Next you will need an Enrollment/Access Code. This requires a quick trip to your friendly Anacortes Public Library. Ask at the front desk. Once you have the enrollment code, proceed with the following steps:
Activate E-Learning Courses:
- Go to learner site http://microsoft.com/digitalliteracy, and click Sign In.
- Select how you want to sign in. In most cases, you will want to choose Microsoft Account. Enter your email and password when prompted.
- Click the link to redeem your code.
- Enter the code and your email.
- Check the box to accept the User Agreement & Click Continue.
- Fill out the profile information, and click save.
Finding and Accessing Courses
Use the Search Box or Browse Tab to find and add courses. Once you've added a course, you can access it by clicking on My Courses and then clicking the hyperlinked name of the course.
- Go to learner site http://imagineacademy.microsoft.com/
- Click the Sign In button on the right of the home page.
- Enter with your Microsoft Account and password.
- From My courses, click the course you would like to start or resume.