Summer reading is for adults too!
Three easy steps to get started:
- Sign up HERE to register, or do it the next time you’re at the library.
- Select one (or more) of the Activity sheets to download and print below, or pick one up at the library.
- Reading Recommendation Sheet
- Anacortes Community Activities Sheet
- Art in Anacortes Scavenger Hunt
- Anacortes Landmarks Scavenger Hunt
- Historic Houses
- Start reading and have fun!
Read as many books as you want, as much as you want. If you sign up for Adult Summer Reading, you’ll automatically be entered to win a prize at the end of the summer. For each activity sheet you turn in, you’ll receive an additional entry. If you just want to participate for fun, feel free to take the activity sheets home and explore the community on your own without turning it in.
Summer reading is about learning, and the homework is always optional. If you have a child participating in Summer Reading, modeling the habit of reading; for fun, news, or learning, is the best way to demonstrate that reading is important. Even better, read a book together and talk about it.
Ideas for Summer Reading:
Join a book club.
Challenge a friend to read a book outside their comfort zone.
Visit the library and ask us what we’re reading. We love to make book recommendations.